Gay Relationship – Keep your relationship hot, no matter how long you have been together
It starts the day you meet and, if you’re lucky, shouldn’t end until one of you is put six feet under. For most of us, our relationship with our partner is the most important one in our lives. Here is a list of tips on how you can keep your relationship hot, no matter how long you have been together.
1. Tell him you love him. Every day! Do not think that it is implied by the things you do for him or the things you do together. Take the effort to say the words until it becomes second nature. Those are magical words and it is weird how important it is to actually hear them.
2. Show him that you appreciate him by letting him know when you are proud of him and make extra care not to belittle his achievements. Remember, his achievements are also yours as long as you are a couple.
3. Take care of yourself. Spend time every day on your appearance and your physical well being. It’s important both to your confidence and for making sure that he stays attracted to you.
4. Ask your partner what the most difficult part of being in a relationship with you is. The answer may not necessarily be what you think and the first step of change is to actually know what needs changing. And even if you don’t want to change, it is always good to know.
5. Make time for at least one romantic evening per week. Take turns planning the evening so you always can surprise each other. Just close out the world and make time for each other.
You don’t HAVE to bring your partner with you onto the red carpet like Ricky does, but Jwan seems to appreciate it so it probably doesn’t hurt either:-D
6. Take time to listen to his worries and problems, even if you think it’s boring, and even though you may think they are unimportant. They are important to him and that is what’s important for your relationship.
7. Count to ten when you’re angry to avoid saying something that you’ll regret. It’s better to bite your lip bloody than it is to have said something that will follow you years to come. Honesty is of course generally a good thing but even that can be used in the wrong way.
8. Let him know when something is bothering you and never go to bed angry. It’s a cliché for a reason. Unresolved issues are deadly to any relationship and have ripped apart more couples than you can count.
9. Arrange a romantic getaway for just the two of you every once in a while. It doesn’t have to be a total extravaganza, even though that doesn’t hurt either, the most important is that you get to spend time together in another setting than your everyday life.
Tom Daley and his husband Lance went on a romantic trip to Hawaii together.
10. Keep your sex life hot. Personally write him an erotic story and read it out loud to him. Go to a raunchy web site and re-enact the first scene you see there together. There are a thousand possibilities to spice things up a little.
Related: How to Ask Him to Be Your Boyfriend
So, as you can see, a gay relationship is not that different from any other love relationship when it comes to these matters. No surprise there. The main difference is that we don’t have quite the same cultural references as straight people do. We kind of have to make our own rules. For better and for worse.
Are you in a gay relationship? Do you have any advice to give? Please write a note in the comment field below.